Monday, October 6, 2008

today's discoveries...

I went to see Dr. Weir today--my orthopedic surgeon. They did a couple x-rays of my right shoulder and an x-ray of my hips. Drumroll please--they found that I have decent cartilage in both hips and my shoulder.

He believes the pain in my hips may be coming from the nerves in my back??? Not sure if I like hearing that, but he also says that some patients have had that pain go away after the knee surgery.

He is thinking a rotator cuff tear of the shoulder, but can't see that with an x-ray, so they are ordering an MRI--need insurance approval with my PPO. He says the bad news is that even if they do find a tear, they will do nothing about it at this time because there is not enough time for my shoulder to heal before my knee surgery. He said the good news is that when I go for my knee therapy, they will put me in therapy for my shoulder at the same time. Bip whoop!!! I can't wait. I guess if I am going to hurt, I might as well hurt all over???

My shoulder wakes me up at night and is my biggest problem at this time. My biggest concern is that I have basket convention for 6 days beginning October 21, and I am not sure I can weave with this arm??? Isn't life grand!!! God is not only in the good stuff, but the bad stuff as well. He will need to carry me through this as I am not a good patient and am already weary of my limitations. He will hopefully bless me with patience. :) Poor Ray!!!

No comments: