I went to Dr. Kia Thursday morning for my 9:15 a.m. appointment only to learn after sitting there for 15-20 minutes that he was going to be an hour late. He had been delayed by a surgery. So, I went off to Kohl's to begin my Christmas shopping. I arrived back another 10-15 minutes before he did and I was the first patient to be seen. He explained what was in my pictures from the surgery and wanted to see my scar. When he looked, he said: "Where is it?" It is basically unnoticeable unless you look around inside my naval and Ray will be the only one permitted to do that!!! :) From all external appearances except for the bruise on my arm from the first attempt of 3 attempts to get the IV in place, you'd never know I had anything done. Mine was a single incision laproscopic cholocystectomy. He said I have to wait two more weeks before I can begin doing any ab work again and 2 weeks before I begin to slowly work back into golf. He did say that I could go to a putting green if I wanted. No full swings unless I want to risk an umbilical hernia. He says all the connective tissue inside takes longer to heal than the exterior stitches (4).
So, I did some more shopping and took myself to see "Fireproof" and went to see a good friend's dad for a while and bought groceries and went home. I had no more than gone to get the mail and unlock the door when a good friend pulled into the driveway. She helped me get all my stuff into the house and we had a nice visit. When 6 p.m. arrived and neither of us had eaten, we decided to go to Applebee's for dinner. After much menu searching and special instructions, I had a nice dinner. Jen insisted on buying me dinner. I can't tell you what a special moment it was to see her drive in and to have that opportunity to chat and share time together. What a way to top off the beautiful day the Lord had made for me. The weather was gorgeous and the only thought I had was to wish I could have been golfing, but I am not going to risk having to have another surgery. So--I can live with it!
Then Ray came home early from hunting. He was supposed to come home around noon on Friday, but arrived around 9:30 p.m. on Thursday. So, Friday, I had him help move the table before he went off golfing and I finished scrubbing the rest of the floor. I decided to use the standing method as that was the least of the three evils I had attempted. So my floor is now clean.
I worked on the eliptical and took a walk. I stopped at a friend's home to talk to her about her knee surgery and had a nice visit. Then a stop at my brother's house for another nice visit and finally a stop at my parent's house for yet another nice visit. Hmmm--three hours later I arrived home just in time for Ray to grab some dinner before his evening hunt.
So--you can see I am out of my funk. I really do believe it was the anesthesia. Let's pray that I can work through that a little sooner after the Nov. 6. surgery. Oh--I got my blood work set up for this coming Tuesday a.m. MRI Tuesday evening at 7:40 p.m. My physical set for Monday, the 20th. And--then I am off to Battle Creek for 6 days and prayerfully 5 days of weaving. I had to get up last night to take pain meds for my arm--so let's pray I can get through the weaving.
That's it for now, I guess. Hope all of you are enjoying this beautiful weather and enjoying life.
Nerve 2016 Engelske Stemmer
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment