I received a phone message from the pre-admission testing department of Genesys on Tuesday while Ray & I were in AuGres getting in (most likely) my last golfing of the season. So I called them back on Wednesday a.m. and was told to simply be there at the info desk by 12:15 p.m. and they would tell me where to go.
Then a short while later a different person from pre-admission testing called and asked me the dozens of questions that I would be asked a dozen times. She told me that Dr. Kia had orders for a pregnancy test (hee hee-I'm not pregnant) and electrolytes and two clotting tests and one other one which I cannot remember. They wanted me there at 11:45 a.m. and it was already 10:45 a.m. and Ray had just gotten out of the shower. So, we headed out immediately and arrived at exactly 11:45 a.m.
I was taken back almost immediately, but after only about 5-10 minutes of vitals being taken and changing into that designer gown, I was left to my own devices for over an hour with not a single person even peeking behind the curtain. So I walked my little 6 foot floor for most of that time. Maybe that's why my right calf hurts today.
Then they finally let Ray come back around 1 p.m. My surgery was scheduled for 1:45 p.m.At 3:05 p.m. I finally started to receive a bit of attention, they had word that Dr. Kia was delayed. Dah!!! They came to draw the blood samples and get my urine sample for the labs. After two picks and from two different nurses (one female and one male) the male nurse decided to use my "Do not use" arm for the third try after all and placed the IV where they do not like them placed??? Hmmm!!! I had told them about my bursitis and tendonitis in that arm. At around 3:30 Dr. Kia arrived and we were a go.
Dr. Kia spoke with Ray at approximately 5:30 p.m. and said that the gall bladder was very enlarged and he had a hard time removing it through the belly button, but he was finally able to get it through. He also told Ray that it was a very sick gall bladder and that he could tell that I had had a lot of attacks.
When I was well enough to go back to the area where they release the out patients, Dr. Kia came in and spoke to me. He said I had a "very nasty gall bladder." It was up to me whether I wanted to stay the night at the hospital or go home--no brainer. Who ever gets any sleep in a hospital??? So at 7:33 p.m. we were on the road and headed home. I took one pain pill at 11 p.m. before heading for bed for the night.
This morning I felt well enough for Ray to go golfing. I didn't want him just hanging around bugging me all day. I rested and drank lots of fluids and watched a little TV--Rachael Ray and Dr. Phil, and read a book, and took a nap. Antsy as a caged lion! I never took a pain pill all day, but that does not mean I did not have pain. I just don't like to do those nasty drugs. I have enough junk in my system from the anesthesia. My brain is on drugs already.
Now I have a sore throat--and a sore neck and a lump on the side of my neck and my face is swollen on the side that it appears they had the intubation equipment hooked up and my left arm hurts --I think they strap them up and out of the way or something??? And my right calf hurts. Actually, except for when I have to sit or lay or stand, I don't even hurt in my abdomen. I am glad to have it out. I have to be on a low-fat diet for 6 weeks--which is Ray & my norm anyway. A couple days of soft foods. No golf for two weeks and then go back to it gingerly--if you saw the stroke he said I could take--you'd know that meant that my golfing is over for this year. I go back in a week or two for a check-up. His office was closed today, so I don't have that appointment yet.
So that's that! Hope you are all happy, healthy and making the most of life!!!
Nerve 2016 Engelske Stemmer
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment