I have never felt so up and down, day after day, in my entire life. I was so elated Monday when Dr. Adams' (hematologist) office called and said all my tests results showed that I was within normal limits for all three areas tested and that I was cleared for my gall bladder surgery. Debbie said she would fax the report to Dr. Kia (general surgeon) immediately.
So I sat home all day Tuesday waiting for a phone call. When I received none, I called Dr. Kia's office on Wednesday and asked if they had gotten the report. After much searching on the computer and hemming and hawing around, Veronica finally said that they did not want the test results so much as a statement that I was cleared for surgery. She said they could just write it on a prescription pad and fax it. She told me to call Dr. Adams' office again and tell them what Dr. Kia needed. I wasn't exactly sure why she couldn't do that herself???
So, I called Debbie and told her what they needed and she said she would send it via fax to them--once again--immediately.
So I waited to hear from them all day on Thursday--no call. Are you now getting the picture?
So, I got on the phone again yesterday to Dr. Kia's office. Veronica went through the same rituals as she had on Wednesday and said she could not find what they needed. This time she did ask for Adams' phone number and said she would call them and tell them what Dr. Kia needed. (Debbie is not an idiot and I know she sent the statement--I wonder just how much of an idiot she thought Veronica was when her request--which had already been carried out--was requested once again???)
So, the part that I found most difficult to bear was when Veronica told me to call next week. I asked her why I had to call. She said, "Well, if we get what we need then we can set up your surgery." I said to her, "So, you won't just call me when you have what you need?" She said, "Well, but if you don't hear from us, you need to call to see if we got what we need." Is there something wrong with this picture??? Dr. Kia told me he would get me in for surgery the same week that he got the clearance. That did not happen!!! Obviously his office staff is not doing their job and may never find that clearance at this rate. Veronica told me that it would be another week or two before they would be able to get me in once they got the clearance because they could not just change the doctor's schedule and slip me in anywhere. URGH!
I told Ray after my phone conversation with Kia's office yesterday, that when I was waiting in his waiting room, the office staff were talking nonstop. They talked about lunch and ordering pizza and what they wanted on the pizza and apartments and stuff that needed to be bought for the new place and everything under the sun except business. I thought at the time--how do they ever got anything done. Well, now I know--they don't!!!
Nerve 2016 Engelske Stemmer
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment