I can't tell you how bad I felt on Saturday. I actually ended up lying in bed the entire morning and only got up to do my stretches and make bread. I was so cold that I had on 6 blankets. I even placed a call to my family physician, Dr. Rao's office only to find out that he was not working.
Ray cooked the bacon and cut the tomatoes and washed the lettuce. He asked me if this was a dress rehearsal for the upcoming surgeries? I thought I had reached my limits.
We went over to some friends home so I could hopefully get their printer up and running--progress, but no printer yet. I call it "distraction therapy"! When we left, Ray said: "I don't know how you feel, but you look terrible. Your face is totally washed out. You have no color at all." (Well, not only does pain raise my blood pressure as noted by Dr. Adams--152/90, but it apparently drains all my color at the same time.) But, then later in the afternoon, I began to feel a little better.
Well, I can tell you that yesterday and today were much better except for my shoulder/arm. I am beginning to get some strength back in my hips and with that, much less pain. I am walking a little better as well with more stability. I went with my Mom to Frankenmuth to have her physical today, and had returned home in time to watch Dr. Phil. The phone rang about 4:45 p.m. It was Dr. Adams office--the hematologist. Debbie called to inform me that he had received my test results (which he had said he would put a rush on, but thought would take 1-2 weeks to get back from CA). She said that all the tests were within the normal range!!! So, I will not have to have any prophylaxis for my gall bladder surgery even though it is a normal procedure for my knee surgeries.
So, of course, my next question was: "So when will Dr. Kia be informed of these results?" Debbie said she would find his number and fax the reports to him immediately! So, I may have a surgical date by tomorrow for my scarless gall bladder removal!!! Praise the Lord!!! I am so tired of feeling weak and ill!! Ray asked me yesterday whether I would rather be the patient or the caregiver? My answer: "the C-A-R-E-G-I-V-E-R!!! Definitely!!!"
Oh-Oh-Oh--and I have lost at least 9 pounds! May wonders never cease. I can't believe how little I have to eat to accomplish that. I just hope I can keep it up when I no longer have to worry about my stomach.
Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me. Things regarding my health are looking better than the economy!!!
Nerve 2016 Engelske Stemmer
6 years ago







3 comments:
Yes you already knew that God is good! I am so glad that you have recieved your results. I am still waiting on mine from July. Keep me posted and you are always in my prayers! Love you and miss you
Love you! Keep us posted!!
Love you! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment