It is so hard to fit everything into a retired schedule. There is just never enough time. We still have to do those life duties that keep us all clean, fed, sheltered and sane. And then there are the recreational activities that keep Ray a happy go lucky--yes, I said lucky--kind of guy. Then, of course, there are those Grammy moments that I must have intermittently to keep me from becoming an emotional wrecking ball and an unbelievable grouch! So, after Ray & I played in the scramble at Willow Springs on Friday and did the other nine by ourselves, I headed off to Orion to pick up Raven, Chase, and Maddie.
As we arrived home, we saw that from 2:30 to 5 they had found the time to do half of the repaving of Arbela Road.

Got home in time to fix a delicious dinner that they all ate of fresh caught walleye, angel hair parmesan pasta, and green beans fresh from Ray's garden. Then there was time for more outdoor play, a piece of fresh home-baked zucchini blueberry cake and off to bed.
Today was filled with pancakes, a movie and play as well as lots of outdoor activities again: croquet, bocchee (sp) ball, tetherball, backyard golf. Maddie took a nap this afternoon and Chase spent time with Grampy.


Raven and Grampy have spent most of the late afternoon and evening together playing golf and tetherball.


After a dinner of grilled steak, oven baked macaroni and cheese and sauteed zucchini, I drove the kids up to Ray's mom's house to take her for a soft-serve ice cream cone which she (and I) generally are lucky if we get even once a year. Chase's emotions were a little raw, so we didn't stay long to visit. Chase and Maddie are now doing one of their favorite things--a bath,

and Raven and Ray are still playing tetherball.

So, this is what makes me filled to the brim with love--my grandbabies. They are precious in His sight and mine as well!
1 comment:
Looks like everyone had/ is having a great time....glad the weather was nice so everyone could spend it outside. Love ya all
Post a Comment