Thursday, July 10, 2008

The latest...

I took my friend, Linda L out for a movie and lunch on Sunday, July 6, after Rae Ann & Bob left. Her birthday is the 9th and this was the only chance we would have to celebrate.

On Monday, July 7, Ray & I went over to the Timbers Golf course in Frankenmuth for 18 holes. I had never golfed there before and it was one of the punches on our 2008 Golf card. We enjoyed the course, but I didn't play well. As a matter of fact, I scored my worst score for the season with a 123 for 18 holes. Yuck!

On Tuesday, the 8th, I got to sub on the women's league for a friend, Jenny. I had 9 strokes on the par three hole #2 and 8 strokes on the par 4 hole #3. But then I only had 36 more strokes on the other 7 holes for a score of 53. That was 10-13 strokes better than I had golfed on Monday at Timbers. I was pleased I didn't totally embarrass myself after those two horrific holes.

On Wednesday, the 9th, we headed up to Bay City to pick up the boat. Some $1838 later, we put it on the water out of Linwood to make sure it runs properly before heading to Port Crescent for a week of fishing with our Detroit crew. The boat will have to go back later for another $586 worth of work on the 3 areas of the keel where the fiberglass was damaged. But for now, the boat is seaworthy! And--we caught our limit of walleye and a 12.5 inch perch along with 3 more perch. We also caught several baby walleye that went back in to grow and a slew of sheephead which Ray cursed as he threw back as well.

On Thursday, the 10th, I played 9 holes with Jenny & Norma and Ray played 9 with the men in the scramble. Then we did another 9 holes on our own before heading back home to prepare a nice walleye dinner for my Mom & Dad and Ray's Mother. It was so nice to be able to share our catch with them. My Dad and Ray's Mother especially love the walleye the way I fix it.

Tomorrow we will head to Port Crescent. We're going to play Ubly Heights on the way up. It is only 7 miles out of the way round trip, so it is going to save us a lot of gas if we do it tomorrow. I'll write more when we return.

No comments: