Tuesday, Nov. 11, I was on my own with PT and CPM workouts. Wed., Nov. 12, Kiruba showed around 4-4:30 p.m. (his regular scheduled time for me) and was concerned that no one had come to draw blood. So he made a call and found out that they did not even have me on the schedule. When the nurse called, she made it sound like something had come up for the person who was supposed to come when I know from Kiruba that they didn't have me scheduled. So, they assured me that I was on for Thursday and the following Wednesday. My Mom took my dad for a persantine stress test today. Results will be discussed on the 21st.
Jaime and Raven, Chase & Maddie showed up just after lunch on Friday, Nov. 14. We had a nice visit. Ray took off for the hunting camp up at the property. Kiruba came for therapy. Bob (my pharmacist from Covenant) called late that night. He said they had me on way too low of a dose of coumadin and had me double up from 2 mg to 4 mg daily. He said my red count was low, but he was not the appropriate person to tell me what to do about it. That instruction had to come from my family doctor. It was too late to call Dr. Rao.
I did fine on Sat. and Sun., Nov. 15 & 16 while Ray was up north. Peggy came to visit and brought lunch on Sunday. We had tomato basil soup and bread. She had brought pumpkin cheesecake, but I had made a quick batch of apple crisp. So, we had the warm apple crisp instead and saved the cheesecake for another time. We had a nice visit. She brought me these gorgeous purple/lavendar roses. Keep in mind that I was constantly going in to work with my CPM as visitors sit and watch. I had to keep something of a schedule in order to get 4-6 hours in. I was very tired all the time as well, so I was taking naps while on the machine as well.
I called Dr. Rao's office on Monday, Nov. 17, and was told to take iron tablets twice daily as well as Vitamin C twice daily. I am to do this for a month and then go back in to have my hemaglobin tested.
I had my staples removed on Tuesday the 18th and that was the end of the services provided by visiting nurses.
The phlebotomist did the finger prick and tested my INR with her handy little traveling machine and that was the last time I would see Sandra. I have to go out for my last INR test.
I actually road to Grand Blanc with Ray at the wheel of my parent's car on Friday the 21st. We were going to see my Dad's cardiologist, Dr. Lafia, to find out what the stress showed. Dad has been experiencing chest pain and taking nitro more frequently. Dr. Lafia said the test showed nothing new--only good results. So, Dad is supposed to discuss some things with Dr. Rao--like thyroid or blood sugar and something else which evades me at the moment. I had my last in-home PT around 5:30 p.m. Kiruba will not be back again until after March 17--perhaps--when I have the next knee replaced.
Ray took Mom to Dr. Ramasamy on Monday the 24th for her next eye injection for her wet AMD. He made it back in time to drive me to my first out physical therapy at Diversified in Frankenmuth. Theresa evaluated both the knee and the shoulder and is concerned that they cannot get the job done without submitting the request for the therapies separately.
Ray drove Mom & Dad to Dr. Gaffney, the dermatologist, Tuesday, Nov. 25th. He has been so good about taking them to all their appointments while I am not able to drive. They both had some work done. Then we were off to PT once again and Robin worked with me on both my knee and my shoulder. Ray baked my pumpkin and squash today.
I am doing 4-6 hours of the CPM machine daily as well as the PT I did in the hospital and now they have added other stuff from Diversified for both my knee and shoulder. Who has any time to rest? Wednesday, Nov. 26th, began my PT with Beverly who will be my regular therapist for the remainder of this session which goes through December 18. She worked with both the knee and shoulder, but all the three therapists have commented that they do not have enough time to do either justice with this current therapy script. I went for my final blood draw afterwards. I made the cranberry relish today. We received this beautiful bouquet from Rae Ann & Bob for Thanksgiving. How thoughtful!
Thanksgiving!!! Yes, we did have one. I am thankful for less pain. I am thankful that Ray's Mom and my parents and sister were able to come for dinner. I made the pumpkin pie and Ray put the bread together in the breadmaker. I fried walleye for the main entree. Larna brought cheese spread and liver pate and garlic rounds from Zehnder's as well as a delicious cheesy potato casserole. Leona brought a yummy ambrosia type salad. I did not want my Mom doing much as her eye needs time to heal and she needs not to be stressing about anything, so she was in charge of the pickles and olives and cool whip for the pie. We had a delicious dinner and everyone ate too much as is the norm. We had a very nice day.
Friday, November 28th--black Friday. I did all my shopping for the grandkids online and have all but a couple of out-of-stock items purchased and soon on its way to my house for wrapping. I cannot even drive yet, so shopping this year will be done in my desk chair in front of my computer for everyone.
Saturday, November 29th--Chase's 5th birthday!!! We went to have cake and ice cream and celebrate with Chase today. He is such a nut!!! I don't know if I know of a goofier kid than Chase. We had such a good time! They are all growing up so fast.







1 comment:
Yes time does fly by so very fast. Love you and can't wait to come visit. Keep up the great work of recouping. I will harass dad when I see him next. Love ya
Post a Comment