Ray got me to the hospital at 5 a.m.ish on Thursday, Nov. 6. for my 8 a.m. surgery. They didn't waste any time taking me in for the first phase of the process. My brain may still be a little fuzzy, but surgery went well and I was in my room before noon.
For some reason--unexplained--they never got me up on the day of my surgery as they said they would. As a matter of fact, they resisted it when I reminded them of what I was told. They even made me use the bedpan once. Then the next time, they made me ride into the bathroom on the wheeled potty seat and go without leaving the seat and then return on my wheeled ride. They never got me up to walk at all which bothered me.
My roommate, Jean, had the same surgery on the same leg by the same orthopedic surgeon, but at a later time--obviously, as I was Dr. Weir's first surgery of that day. Jean and I tried to coordinate our needs so we could push the call button and have them wait on both of us in one trip.
They sent someone in on Friday to talk to me about therapy, but I didn't have any until Saturday. Twice on Saturday and once on Sunday and they were ready to ship me out by early afternoon. Dr. Weir saw me in the hallway once, but never quite made it in to see me at all. Interesting!!! Here's how the knee looks with its eighteen staples.
I got on the scales when I got home because my leg was so swollen. I had gained 15 pounds in the hospital!!! The drugs must have really affected my brain, because I can remember the food being that good!
Nerve 2016 Engelske Stemmer
6 years ago







1 comment:
is great! You're on your way to a speedy recovery!
Post a Comment