I can't believe how quickly time is passing by. I am so preoccupied with all my therapy, that I have no energy left to get me through the daily stuff. I haven't wrapped a single present yet, and it is taking me forever to get my Christmas cards done.
Let's see--I have had therapy on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday since November 24 at Diversified in Frankenmuth. Ray was driving me the first two weeks, but he left for some skiing in Lake Placid, NY, at Whiteface on the 6th. So I have been driving myself. And wouldn't you know that we would have crappy weather.
I tried doing too much on Saturday when Ray first left and suffered for the next four days, but then I put two and two together and realized that my bad days also coincided with the bad weather. I will now have to wait until the next snowstorm to determine whether I now have a built-in barometer in my knee.
The surgeon requested 12 out-patient sessions at Diversified, but Blue Cross PPO only approved 9, so when I had my evaluation on Thursday, I was done with the nine. They have me set up with two more sessions on the 15th and 18th, one on the 22nd, and one more on the 30th. We are all hoping the insurance company will pick up the tab on those and cover some more as I still have no strength in the leg. I can stand on it only momentarily and cannot do steps normally. Actually, it was difficult for me to do even one step for them. My arm and my knee seem to fluctuate between good days and bad. They measured my range of motion on both the knee and the shoulder, and both improved from when I first started. Neither is near what it should be. I did increase my knee flexion from 112 to 119 degrees. My left knee's normal flex is 126 degrees, so I only have 7 to go to be normal. Whoo Hoo!!!
I had to make charts.
I just got off the phone with Ray. He is at Becky's house and will leave tomorrow morning for home. He called every night and seemed to have some decent, if not ideal, skiing. I am going to get ready for bed. Sleep is at a premium for me yet. I can't wait until I can get a full eight hours of painless sleep.







1 comment:
Hi Lana, I know what you are going through with the physical therapy. I dislocated my shoulder in April and had therapy three times a day until July when they discovered that I tore my rotator cuff when I dislocated my shoulder and had surgery in August. I have regained most of my ROM and strength. My new grandson has helped with the strength. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Post a Comment