Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ring--Ring--Dr. Rao calling...

Thank heaven! I didn't have to wait a week for the results of my ultrasound of the abdomen--only a couple days!

I had the test at 8 a.m. on Tuesday and Dr. Rao called before 7 p.m. this evening (Thursday). I do have gallstones. My gall bladder is swollen and inflamed. My spleen is slightly swollen at the top, but he thinks that is of no consequence. My kidney has a small cyst on it, but he also thinks this is of no consequence. He is going to set up my pre-op check-up with Dr. Kia (sp) who is a general surgeon and will remove the gall bladder laproscopically. He will not allow the surgery to be done until Dr. Adams--the hematologist--has tested my blood for the clotting factors that Jaime has. I have my consult with Dr. Adams on Sept. 10 already set up as Dr. Rao will not release me for my knee surgery until those same tests have been completed. He was already working on that since my office call with him on our anniversary--Aug. 15.

So, now I only need God's protection in keeping me from a crisis before all the ducks are in a row. God is an awesome God--He brought the news early, so I don't have to ponder the other options regarding the abdominal issues.

Hope all is well with you and you are being blessed with good health and happiness.

No comments: