Thursday, December 13, 2007

Progress report from NY...


Well, to begin with, Ray is off skiing in Lake Placid, NY. He began his drive from MI about 4:16 a.m. on Sunday, the 9th and stopped at the hospital in Syracuse to see Becky before heading to Adams. He stayed the night at Becky and Jay's and then left for skiing after I got home with Becky on Monday. He has called every day and seems to be having a nice time with some great skiing on new snow, but he says it is really weird without me there with him.

Becky is progressing well. She was not able to control her pain under the scrip that Dr. D initially wrote, so Jay called and Dr. D increased her dosage by two pills a day and shortened the time between doses to 3 hours rather than 4. She seems to be doing better on this new regimen. This is the first day that Dr. D did not call here to see how she is doing. She is doing more of the simple things on her own, i.e. lifting her own legs to get into bed. Her spirits are quite good with the normal ups and downs depending on how close it is to the next dose of pain meds. She will have the staples removed on Monday the 17th. That will be a rough day as it involves a 1 1/2 hour trip to Syracuse--then the removal of the staples--and then the 1 1/2 hour drive back to Adams. My guess is that she will be ready for bed when we return.

Jay took the kids to swim tonight. His mother took them two weeks ago and I took them last week. This will be the first time Jay has been able to see his kids swim. Hopefully they all have a good time.

I had made a blanket for Brayden when I was here the previous week over Thanksgiving and I have now finished Trent's. Now it is time to begin work on the girls fleece blankets.

Becky got a shower after Jay and the kids left and I am about to start dinner, so I had better get off here. Jay reports to his commander tomorrow to determine what they are going to do with him. Please pray that they do not send him back to Afghanistan, and allow him to stay here in Adams where his family needs him right now. I'll definitely let you know what he finds out.
P.S. This is a picture taken by Jaime when Becky and the kids were in MI in March to see Jay off to Afghanistan.

No comments: