I arrived at Crouse Hospital at 8 a.m. on Monday, and around 9 a.m. Dr. Dhawan told Becky she could go home. Finally, at 12:15 p.m. I had her in the van and headed to Adams. After an extremely painful ride home--approximately 1 1/2 hours, she was home and exhausted. I got her comfortable and in bed and the deal was that she would remain there while I went to get her pain meds. As I was waiting to pick up the scrip, the pharmacy received a call and I heard my name. They said it was Becky and that I needed to go home now! When I arrived home, Becky was out of bed and there was a big 15-inch diameter circle of moisture where she had been lying. The incision on her back had seeped a very large amount of fluid. Luckily it was not blood red and was not a tear of the incision site and no staples had fallen out. I contacted Dr. Dhawan and he returned my call within 5 minutes and said that it is very common and we were not to worry that he would call on Tuesday to make sure she was all right. He said it could actually seep a significant amount of fluid for a few more days.
Jay and the kids arrived back home from dance and tumbling just as I was attempting to clean up the bedding and get Becky back down to rest. The kids were excited and cautious about seeing her. They have spent so much of their young lives trying to be good for their mommy because of her back pain.
Nerve 2016 Engelske Stemmer
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment