Here it is New Year's Eve day. Ray and I have only plans to sit around and enjoy each other's company for the next two days--the big parade and the big football game and eating (I have been cooking up a storm) and some spumanti! I will be eating Zehnder's chicken on the 2nd as I have my free birthday dinner coupon. I always like to invite my parents to join Ray and I when celebrating my birthday--after all, if it wasn't for them--I would have no birthday to celebrate.
The rush to use the coupon is due to the fact that a decision was made today regarding my trip back to NY. Sometimes you just pray that the Lord's will is the same as your desires. Well, and then again, sometimes we have to make the necessary plans to cover the eventuality that they are not. The Lord helps those who help themselves. So, it seems that there is paperwork that must be filled out and notarized for the person who will be Becky and the kid's caregiver if Jay has to go back--that would be me--and it must be done soon. I will have to go on post and get an Army ID? And go before the JAG? All Greek to me! So, I will be heading back East on the 3rd so that this can be accomplished in a timely fashion. Jay must have this family care plan in place by no later than the morning of the 7th as they have scheduled his flight back to Afghanistan for Jan. 8. His command in Afghanistan is demanding his return. Fort Drum would like to keep him in NY, but he is not under their command at the present. He is attached to the FOB in Afghanistan, thus his orders come from them. So please pray that a last minute change of heart will allow Jay to remain with Becky and the kids in NY for the remaining time of her recovery. She is to do virtually nothing until sometime between March 6 and April 6--3-4 months. So, I will keep you posted from NY during the next week--and then from wherever the Lord requires me to be thereafter.
God's blessings to you all! Have a safe and happy new year!
Nerve 2016 Engelske Stemmer
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment