Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's official...

On Tuesday, March 10 at approximately 1:30 p.m. in China (they are now 12 hours ahead of us), the adoption of Sawyer XuBang Kinser was finalized. He is officially our grandson. If you have been following Jaime's blog, then you have seen this delightful little guy and understand the joy felt by his new family. We can't wait to meet this little one in person.

Monday--As you know, Rae Ann & Bob continue to work to help pay for Social Security (as Ray always says). Ray golfed 18 very well. Nice start to his season. The gal who owns the Diversified Physical Therapy and fitness centers said I should not golf yet--no full swing. I could do a half stroke or putt (she has her doctorate in what she does) and Dr. Weir says I should not golf for 6 months into shoulder treatment--that puts it May. For dinner on Monday we went out to DuckWorth's for their tap beer (20 varieties) and their delicious Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches and Buffalo chicken pizza. Yum! Then we came back to their house and watched Richard Gere and Diane Lane in "Nights in Rodanthe". It was a good movie, but sad.

Tuesday saw more of the same--Rae & Bob working, Ray golfing--but not nearly as well, and me stretching and walking and exercising. I did find Rachel Ray & Dr. Phil on the TV, so I was able to rest then. We met a long-time friend of Bob's, Steve, who joined us for dinner at Lancaster's for some awesome NC BBQ and ribs. J & J called when we returned home and we talked with them via Skype for a long time. I could hear Sawyer talking as he sat on "Baba's lap--that is what the Chinese taught Sawyer for father/daddy/etc. It was 9:30 a.m. there (9:30 p.m. here since the DST change) and he had awakened at 4:30 a.m. He was on his 3rd breakfast. You do not take away that little guy's food. Jeff got him to say "Wo ai ni" several times and I said it back to him as well. It is Mandarin for I Love You!!!

Wednesday starts out the same with R & B at work and Ray golfing. I'm doing the same-ol, same-ol. Sure wish I could be in about 6 places at once, because I would be where I am plus with Jaime and with Becky and with my parents and with my friends and just at home. I have way too much time for thinking--life is certainly a mystery. Hope all of you are well!!! God bless!!!

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

I wish I didn't have to pay the SS so that I could spend more time with you guys. Thursday we are making a day of it!