Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back again so soon...

Things have calmed down since we moved back into our suite at Iron Horse Resort here in Winter Park, CO. Here's a picture of our view off our condo balcony. All of the housing you see is within WP and part of Iron Horse.

This place is so convenient for Ray's skiing. It is the only ski-in/ski-out resort at WP. Ray is wrapping up his final week of skiing for the year today--Thursday. He has had a perfect week of spring skiing--freezes at night and pleasant, sunny ski conditions during the day with 40-50 degree temps. The altitude keeps the upper elevations cold and the snow firm for the skiing. Here he is skiing out of the resort:


I think Ray has been able to ski 39 days this year. Down from last year.

I made a 4-course meal for Ray and one of his ski buddies, Roy, of the past 4 years last night--Wednesday evening. We had snow crab stuffed mushrooms (watched Paula Deen) with Arrogant Bastard ale, roasted tomato caprese salad (watched Ina Garten), salmon and asparagus lasagna (recipezaar.com) with St. Julian White Heron wine. To finish off the meal we had my sister's (Larna) peanut butter sheet cake recipe baked at home with non-contaminated peanut butter and then frozen. We enjoyed the meal and the company.

Jaime and Jeff boarded their flight to China Wednesday morning. I spoke to Jeff as the plane landed in Chicago. He had just turned on his cell. The emotional relief I felt knowing that things had hopefully been resolved and that they were on their way to China brought tears to my eyes. I talked to Jaime and she survived her first ever flight--she swore she would never fly, but circumstances made it necessary for her to go to China as well as Jeff.

To China: Detroit to Chicago March 4, 9:35a-9:56a

Chicago to Beijing March 4-5, 12:33p-4:25p

Change of subject: I had an important revelation Wednesday, also. I now know that I did indeed tear the gastrocnemius (calf) muscle of my right leg. How do I know? Well, I did the same thing back in 1990 or 91 while recording scores at a track meet at Millington where Becky and Jaime were participating. The weather was frigid and I ran down a hill to get someone to help judge the competition and my calf muscle was cold and tight and tore!!! Ouch!!! That's why this has amazed me, because I cannot say for certain how it became torn this time, but I believe I put too much weight on the leg press machine one time when I was doing my calf raises back around Feb. 12. The reason I now know that is what happened is because the discoloration finally began to appear. Just like in the past, it took a long time for the bleeding to move down and around so that the body can absorb it. You can see the discoloration--there are areas around the leg here and there from the knee on down the entire leg. It is beginning to feel better and I have biked daily since my last posting. I am stretching the calf muscle as I was told to do previously.


Back to J & J again: I booted up the computer at 6 a.m. because I knew they were supposed to arrive while we were still sleeping this morning, and was so pleasantly surprised to have a message from Jaime already. They had arrived in China an hour early and were exhausted. I am sending out updates as I get them. Thank your for all your prayers. There is so much that they still have to go through before Sawyer is theirs. Please keep sending those prayers heavenward.

March 5-8 tour Beijing

March 8 Leave Beijing for Nanjing11:40-13:30)

March 9 Go to the Registration Office to receive child at 2:00pm.

March 10 Adoption Finalized!
Ray and I will be leaving shortly after 4 a.m. tomorrow--Friday, so we will pack the Enclave tonight. We are heading for NC!!! Ray wants to drive 800 miles tomorrow so we can have a shorter drive the next two days, and wants to leave early to get through Denver before rush hour, and arrive at Rae Ann & Bob's early afternoon on Sunday. I'm not sure if I will be able to drive or not--time will tell.
Well, that is it for now. I will update as I am able. Hope all of you are being blessed with health and happiness.



No comments: