Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wellness Wednesday...

Well, I went to get the stitches out and was told that my hygiene is excellent! My canyon--the extraction site--looks very healthy and there appears to be no sign of infection. I guess the greatest concern right now is that the remaining root fragments might decide to surface on their own. Dr. Baumstark believes that they were fused to the jaw bone and that is why they would not come out. He had to do so much work and such a large bone graft that he is a little concerned and has me coming back again on the 21st. It will be at least 4 months before they begin phase II of the implant. Gee--can't wait!!! Actually, I did really well. Other than the sore/cut/bruised lip and a small thumbprint size bruise on my lower left jaw, no one would ever know I had anything done. I only took the hydrocodone for the first couple days and then started weining myself off it and onto Tylenol. So--all is well that ends well--I pray!

No comments: