Saturday, May 31, 2008

Time flies...

Time is so fleeting! It's been a while since I wrote.

Friday--May 23--Ray & I played in the golf scramble and my team tied for 2nd place. Then I came home and finished cleaning the house for company.

Saturday--May 24--we had Mom & Dad and all the siblings over to celebrate their 61st anniversary. Everyone helped with the food and we had a delicious cake made by Wendy again.








Sunday--May 25--Ray & I played 18 and then picked up Ray's mom over for lunch and watched the video of Becky's bridal shower/wedding & reception.

Monday--May 26--Memorial Day--No kids to do anything with, so Ray & I played in the couples scramble at Willow Springs. We were one of the random winners--$40. That meant it cost us only $4 to play. We got a 39 on the back and 42 on the front. We were content with that. We had a great time! Rae Ann & Bob were at the Nascar track watching the Coke 600.

Tuesday--May 27--Ray golfed and I went to the laundromat and continued to clean/clean/clean! We put Rae Ann's big old computer desk in her old bedroom and I organized the room so I can go down there and find what I need for my card making.

Wednesday--May 28--Ray & I went to Twin Bridges in Merrill and played 18. It is one of the courses on our punch card. It was a nice day and great weather. I was happy with my scores and Ray, of course, wished he had played better. I told him we were supposed to be having fun!

Thursday--May 29--I went golfing and Ray went to help Glenn & Linda load the semi trailer for their move to Idaho. It was a hard day-long project, but with lots of help it/they was ready for the move.

Friday--May 30--I took my Dad for his echocardiogram and doppler. Thank God! They came out normal. Then a gentleman came and picked up the wicker headboard and desk and chair for the Mission Store in Vassar. Becky called just before they left to attend the Military Ball. We got on the webcam. She looked beautiful with a new do and the dress from Rae Ann's wedding. Then it was time to prepare a 5-course dinner for Glenn & Linda on their last night in Michigan for a long time. They will be moving in with Josh & Meghan until their new home's completion sometime in November. Meghan and Josh are expecting a little baby boy August 20--give or take. So, Glenn & Linda will be there to assume their new roles as grandparents.

Saturday--today--May 31--we're going to get the motorhome out and loaded so we can try to get away and do some walleye fishing in the bay out of Linwood. We may leave tomorrow.

Upcoming stuff:
Chase will have his tonsils removed on the 4th.
Rae Ann has an interview for a new position at NC Med Center on the 4th.
Becky goes for her 6 month check-up with Dr. Dhawan on the 5th.

No comments: