Boy--is our calendar full. We went to a retirement party for our neighbor on the 3rd and had a great time.
Ray had a colonoscopy on the 8th and came out with a clean bill of health!
On Saturday, the 10th, I fixed fresh biscuits with ham and provolone and scrambled chive eggs made into breakfast sandwiches. We golfed at Willow Springs and I had one of my best 18-hole rounds with a 102. Then I fixed nachoes supreme for dinner--something I have been really hungry for. I got the picture of Ray working on his barn without his knowing. Yup--that's right! This was his spring project this year. He has totally reroofed the barn and repainted it and is just putting in the finishing touches!
On Mother's Day, I made a yummy stuffed hashbrown concoction with fresh sauted morells and venison sausage and onions and tomatoes and chives and cheese and salsa and sour cream. Oh so yummy! I love breakfast, so it was a special treat! Then we had Ray's Mom over for dinner. I fixed Smoked Salmon cheese ball stuffed cherry tomatoes, asparagus soup, fresh baked smoked cheddar bread, roast asparagus, roast yams, and meatloaf. Then for dessert, we had a chocolate macaroon pizza pie. All in all, we did not go hungry that day.
Rae Ann had taken me out to lunch when she was home in April as an early Mother's Day treat! I received a delicious treat of 3 dozen truffles--Yum-m-m-m-m-m--and a beautiful bouquet of 3 dozen purple carnations in 4 different shades. I got Mother's Day cards from all the girls and the grandkids as well. I received phone calls from all the girls, too. I even got a package on Monday! Rae Ann had sent a really cute sleeveless collared golf shirt to match the knee skimmers I had bought when I was in Kohl's with her when she came home in April. Wow--what a wonderful Mother's Day from my three wonderful daughters and their husbands and their kids. You know though--I would give it all up if I could just have them with me! Oh well--enough of that sympathy seeking sentiment--LOL--I am just telling you how I feel! I miss them!
Ray and his Mother and I watched Rae Ann and Bob's wedding video in honor of their 2nd anniversary on the 6th. Leona really enjoyed that.







1 comment:
Love you Mom. Wish I could have been there for your Mother's Day! Missed you. Glad you enjoyed your flowers and truffles. You deserve them! You are always putting others in front of yourself!
Barn is looking great. Dad has put a lot of time into it!
Post a Comment