Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wow----it's been a long time...





since I posted anything, so I'll try to update you as best I can.

Becky called Dr. Dhawan on Monday, February 11, and he gave her the go ahead to drive. So, on Tuesday, we went to Post and went to the library and had a pool date with her friends Becky and Margie and their kids. Becky drove and did well. Then Becky and kids took me out to Red Lobster for a yummy schrimp dinner. It had snowed while we ate, but Becky did just fine getting us back home. She was very tired when we got there.

Dr. Dhawan also increased her exercise to 15 minutes on the treadmill three times a day rather than two. All other restrictions remain the same.

Becky was so concerned about the kids and their schooling. She said that the kids school performance was suffering and was not as it is when I am not there. I was just like a magnet--they were drawn to wherever I was working to see what I was doing, or to tell me they loved me, or to give me a hug and a kiss, or to show me what they had done, or to show me how far they had gotten. She really wanted to get them back on track. She wants them to be ahead of schedule when Jay gets home so that they do not have to spend their time being schooled, They are doing twice their normal amount of school schedules at this time.

I headed home on Wednesday, February 13, to be with my Valentine. Ray and I and Leona went to Zehnder's for dinner on Valentine's Day to celebrate Leona's birthday early and claim her free birthday dinner. After some 67 days in NY from November to my return, it was good to see Ray and his mom and my parents and talk to my little brother and see our neighbor and talk to a couple of close friends. Didn't by any means get a chance to see or talk to all the people I wanted to see or chat with.

On Wednesday, February 20, I headed down to Jaime's to take her out to lunch at "Sagebrush Cantina" in Oxford for her birthday. I'm posting a picture I took while the staff sang "Happy Birthday" to her. Jeff was at work, Raven was at school, Chase was at preschool, so Maddie was the only one who was able to be with us. She played with her water cup rather than eating. She cried when she dropped it and had to wait for the waitress to bring another. That kids just loves all kinds of water!
Picked up Chase from preschool after a little grocery shopping at Sam's before heading home.

No comments: