Days passed and they all seemed to run together with similar if not the same activities and responsibilities in February. I had done all I could do for Mom & Dad at this point, short of playing chauffeur. So, Ray & I left for CO on Friday, February 19. Ray drove the entire day and stopped at 3 casinos for 30 minutes of playtime at each. We stayed in Davenport, Iowa the first night and ate at the Iowa Machine Shed for dinner. My chiropractor told me about it three years ago. Delicious pork meals!!!
Ray drove most of the day Saturday and stopped in Des Moines so we could do our usual walk, but they had had lots of snow and hadn't cleared the walking path, so we just got out our leftovers from the night before and ate lunch on the road. Ray drove--I fed him. We stopped at a casino in Council Bluffs, Iowa for an hour of playtime and then I drove the last 100 miles to Lexington, Nebraska. We arrived at the Comfort Inn and ate one of the meals I had prepared from home. I was trying to kick an ailment I had and was tired, so I was ready to sleep around 10 our time.
We left CO on March 4 and began our journey to NC to see Rae Ann, Bob and Ian. Ray would have his first opportunity to meet his new grandson on Saturday, March 6. We spent Thursday night in
We arrived in Mooresville around
Toast
M
T
W
Thursday it rained, so I got a chance to cook once again. I prepared an italian meal this time with Tortelini skewers for the appetizer/salad course--yummy and easy to make.
Dessert was Ina Garten's Raisin Rum Tiramisu (without the raisins)--Whoa--hold off on the rum if you decide to make this one. Way too strong!!!
Friday we once again returned to Mallardhead Golf Course and played another 18 holes before picking up Ian from Chesterbrook Academy.
Nerve 2016 Engelske Stemmer
6 years ago







No comments:
Post a Comment