Monday, December 7, 2009

I'm going to try doing this like a diary...

Wednesday--December 2: Went to see "Blindside" with friend, Trudy. What a good movie. We went to Tony's for lunch afterwards. No popcorn today when we know we are headed to Tony's afterwards. I got a yummy burger--1/2 pound??? I only ate half and had another meal to take home out of it.

Thursday--December 3: had a wonderful day with friends: Susan, Peggy, and Jackie at a luncheon and fashion show to benefit the Midland Cancer Center where Susan works. Then off for some shopping in downtown Midland and the Willow store!!! They had some beautiful clothing in the show. I got a pair of "Not your daughter's jeans" that Peggy thought looked great on me and they will go with my brown leather jacket that I got in Dillon, CO several years ago.

Friday--December 4: had a nice evening with Hubbie running errands, followed by a microbrew at Black Forest, which was then followed by a 2 for $20 deal at the Roof Garten at the Bavarian Inn. We drove around 'Muth after dinner to see the CHRISTmas lights with their snowy backdrop.

Saturday--December 5: Made some very yummy bean soup and cornbread for dinner. Got the majority of my stuff gathered and packed into my car for the trip South. Tried to relax. Ray wrote an email to Rae Ann, and in it he made this analogy (I'll paraphrase)--you know how a race horse is all nervous and antsy and fidgety just before they are put in the gate before a race, well that's your mother! And I had to agree. It is driving me crazy to be so far North when they're so far South!!!

Sunday--December 6: I know where I was two years ago--NY--Becky had 2nd back surgery I think. And--actually--one year ago as well--recovering from knee replacement. And tomorrow night I will be in North Carolina. Enough of this waiting. I can wait better down there, because I won't miss the birth!!! Which I was asked to view!!! I am so excited. I have never seen any of my grandbabies born, so this is a very special honor for me. So--I have to get down there. So only the stuff that could freeze is still in the house.

Monday--December 7: I was up by 5:10 a.m. and kissing Ray good-bye by 5:21 a.m. I made about 6 stops on the way down--one gas stop--breakfast and lunch in the car--and got off exit #42 only to realize that less than 10 minutes from their house, I didn't know which way to turn on 21/115. The sun had gone down, so I couldn't see my landmarks from the past. So, I called Rae Ann--thank God I have an excellent memory for phone numbers, because I left the cell with Ray for his trip to CO. She got me headed in the right direction and I was at their house by 6 p.m. You really gotta love somebody to drive 12 1/2 hours to see them. Rae Ann had a Dr. appointment at 2:50 this afternoon and her blood pressure is still a bit high for her. The baby's heartrate is great. They are having her do a 24-hour urine collection tomorrow to test for preeclampsia. And--next Friday they will see her back and do a 20-minute stress test on Ian. Tick-tock-tick-tock-tick-tock!!! The clock is ticking and the time is drawing near!!!

Well, I am going to post this now so the news doesn't get too old.

No comments: