Monday, November 30, 2009

Another month--November--behind us...

I keep thinking that life is going to calm down and the passing of the days will slow down, but--alas--that is not the case. So, once again, I am behind with my posts. :-(

Becky & Jay and the kids spent several days with us beginning with Halloween Day and ending on Sunday, Nov. 8. We enjoyed having them around and our days were filled with a variety of activities. Becky & Jay even got to go off without the kids to spend a little time together while I suffered through watching the kids--NOT!!! They were also able to see the Huffmans while they were here in MI, but the pending closing on their house and move to VA led them to return home to NY a little earlier than was originally thought. Now rather than being 488 miles from us, they will be 720 miles. Bummer

I attended a retirement party at Black Forest in Frankenmuth for 15 teachers from Millington Schools. I had worked with most of them over my career. It was such a nice gathering. I hope they enjoy their respective retirements as much as I enjoy mine.

Trying to take care of myself for once, I had a few checkups and found the only thing out of the norm was a precancerous area on my right front cheek. The nurse froze it and it was as good as new a week later. Got the "all clear" from the dermatologist on Nov. 12. He says the damage is done, so I WILL be getting more precancerous areas--"be on the look-out".

I went to Dr. Rao on Nov. 13 for my hip after spending 2 hrs helping track a deer the night before. My left hip was still aching after Oct. 7 fall--diagnosis--very badly bruised trochanter muscle. Treatment--cortisone shot and very strong anti-inflammatory as well as cold and heat therapy. It worked quickly with less guarding of the hip muscles and not gimping around as much within days. Should have gone to the Dr. a month earlier.

I even had my teeth cleaned on Nov. 16 after more than a year and came out with a clean bill of dental health and clean teeth!!! I was told for the first time ever--I think--that if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! Yippee!!!

Took my Mom for her check-up with her eye specialist and had more good news with the macular degeneration. There is no swelling and no bleeding!!! Whoo Hoo!!!

On Nov. 18, my hip was feeling a bit better, so I played a terrible nine holes of golf with Ray who had been sick for over a week with the flu. He'll tell you he did terrible as well. He said you could tell by our games that we were both sick--I had started to come down with what he had. Better sick and on the golf course than sick and at work!!! Any day!!!

My friend, Doris, and I spent a day beading and enjoying catching up on old news on the 19th. I wanted to learn how to make a Faith bracelet, and she wanted to learn how to make a 23rd Psalm bracelet. Love it when we can share our knowledge with one another.

Big day planned on Nov. 23 with lots of errands and lunch at Souper Cafe in Bay City with Ray before helping Kerry with a computer problem.

Jay reported in at Fort Lee on the 24th and Becky & Jay arrived at Rae Ann & Bob's house the evening of the 25th. Rae Ann & Bob put on a delicious meal for the Huffmans and were host/hostess to them through the following Sunday afternoon, the 30th. Jay is scheduled to begin Captain's school at Fort Lee on Monday, December 1.

On Nov. 25, I was getting ready to eat big--40 minutes on the eliptical, 2 mi walk, & over 10 bike miles with Ray. Kitchen accomplishments were--cranberry-apple relish made, bread in the maker, cole slaw made, squash made, dressing bread torn up, pie made.

Ray & I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house for Jaime & Jeff & the kids and my Mom & Dad as well as Ray's Mom. We enjoyed a delicious traditional Thanksgiving meal with Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, home-grown baked butternut squash, homemade sage/onion dressing, cole slaw from cabbage out of the garden, homemade cranberry relish, home-baked cheese/herb bread, wine and homemade Dutch apple pie ala mode. What a wonderful day with only some of those we love. We were able to get on the WebCam with the rest of the family celebrating in NC. Gotta love that technology.

Black Friday was spent with me heading to the Vassar and Chesaning craft shows with friends, Linda and Kara. We have not been able to attend these for a number of years as we had done in the past. Didn't find all that I was looking for, but found enough that it made the adventure well worth the trip. Looking forward to continuing the tradition once again next year.

Nov. 28 I received a notice in the mail to report for circuit court duty on February 1--now that we have our winter planned and reservations paid for??? Gotta love the gov!!! I filled out the questionnaires a very long time ago. :-( Like in the summer.

Sunday, November 29, we headed to Orion to celebrate Chase's actual birthday with him. He is S-I-X now!!! Hard to believe. He was in good spirits and had a delicious cake and yummy ice cream. I forgot my camera--duh--so I have no pictures. :-(

Ray spent several days golfing following his hunting season. I don't keep track of the days, but he certainly enjoys his play!!! That ends the month of November for us. I'm going to post this now!!! Don't want to forget to post after I save. Did that before!!!

No comments: