May 6 was the day that I was no longer restricted from golfing, so Ray & I went over to Willow Springs and golfed 9+ holes. We did the back nine and I got a 63--which is good for me since I hadn't golfed for 7 1/2 months. Then we golfed 8 & 2 & 3 so we could end up at our friends, Mary & Dallas's house. They invited us in for a beer and we got caught up on all the news from the past 6 months while they were in FL. We ended up golfing 4 & putting on 6 and finishing up on 7 and going home. I had had enough, but my shoulder actually did better than the leg. I also had a problem with my hip joint popping--quite painful.
May 10 was Mother's Day and I made myself some Caramel Sticky Buns for breakfast. Then I went to church and received communion. Lunch was leftovers. Rae Ann & I got on the webcam and I opened the gifts she had sent--a book, "For My Wonderful Mother", and summer pjs. While we were on, Becky called, she had sent two dvds of pictures that arrived Saturday. Then when I was about finished with my chat with Becky, Jaime & Jeff & the kids showed up. She had printed up some pictures of the kids for me. We headed over to my Mom's where J & J helped weed Mom's main flower bed. I came home with the kids and made dinner while Jaime went up to Ray's mom's with Sawyer. When she got back, we had nachos supreme and strawberry/ rhubarb squares and a peanut butter brownie concoction that I sorta learned how to make from the Rachael Ray show.
Today I went to yoga and stretch & tone classes and did my shoulder circuit and 20 minutes on the recumbant bike. Then Ray & I played the front nine at Willow Springs. I played a woulda/shoulda/coulda round. That means--I played a ball over if I woulda/shoulda/coulda done better. I ended up with a 56, but I didn't really feel that great. My hip was acting up and my knees hurt and I didn't have much energy left after this a.m. My back has been hurting quite a bit lately--those darn plank poses in yoga and stretch & tone!!!
Well, I hope you had a great week/weekend, too!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment