Thursday, May 21, 2009

Headed East...

Monday Ray & I started out at 6:37 a.m. for the state of NY to see Becky & Jay & the kids. We were blown away by all the traffic in Canada until I asked someone and found out that it was Victoria Day for them and no one had to work. We arrived in Adams around 2:45 p.m. and were the happy recipients of tons of hugs and kisses and conversation and attention from all four of the grandkids. We were treated to a concert of sorts as all four kids shared their musical talents on the keyboard. I just stood with my jaw dropped as I watched the girls perform for me. The boys are doing very well, also. I had to break away from them just to give Becky a big hug and kiss. Becky prepared some delicious jambalaya and biscuits for us for dinner, and then baked this most scrumptuous lemon/blueberry cake!!! Oh no, I forgot to get the recipe from her. :( We got to see Jay for a couple minutes. His hours are crazy.

Tuesday began with a yummy breakfast of omelet and watermelon. Ray worked on the back porch railing while I played. Lexie played the violin for me, she is doing very well. What a busy schedule! We left at 12:30 p.m. for: piano lessons for all four kids in two different locations at the same time, battle of the books at the library for Lexie (her team played 3 teams and took 2nd place), Becky made yummy salads for dinner which we ate at Thompson park and the kids had a little playtime (it was too late to make the girl's gymnastics class), then off to gymnastics for Brayden and Trent in Lowville. After a quick snack at McDonald's, we arrived home after 9 p.m. Whew!!! I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with Becky and the kids. Ray went golfing while we were gone--surprise, surprise! Didn't get to see Jay today--work kept him in demand.

Trent in the yellow shirt is helped by his teacher in white T.

Brayden working on the balance beam.

Brayden supports his knees on his elbows and head and hands on the floor.

Wednesday's breakfast was homemade waffles. (Becky is spoiling me with all the wonderful cooking. I feel like I am being lazy, but she said that I never got to play with the kids when I was there taking care of her and her family and household, so I get to do that now.) Ray mowed the yard and Becky trimmed. I played!!! We ordered Chinese for lunch--something I only seem to get when I go to NY. Trent opened his birthday gifts from Grammy & Grampy early as we will not be there on the 28th.

Then we were off to Lowville again for make-up gymnastics classes for Lexie and Abbey, while Ray headed to the golf course.

We took the kids to the park while Lexie and Abbey did their warm-ups.
Becky made a chicken pasta salad for us to take. It amazes me to see how well the kids have all progressed with their physical activities.

Lexie

Abbey



Plenty of time to put the new birthday legos together during the 2 1/2 hours of gymnastics for the girls.

We arrived home to find Jay there as well. We said all our good-byes before bedtime so we did not have to wake the kids at 4:45 a.m. Thursday. What a wonderful visit. Can't wait to see them again in June at Higgins Lake!!!

No comments: