Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let me see...

I know it has been a couple of weeks again since I last posted anything, but that does not mean we have not been doing anything. Since Easter, I have continued to go to the fitness center 6 days a week and workout from 2 1/2 - 3 hours per day. That takes up every morning except Sunday which I take off. I am making progress, but sometimes I wonder if I will have any energy left when all is said and done. This entire process is wearing on me, I have some days where I just am so sick of the whole thing. It all began over a year ago, and it has been 7 1/2 months since I have been allowed to golf. Ray has been able to get out several times with the guys and he golfed on the 18th while I walked the 18 holes with him. I wasn't sure how I would do with walking the uneven terrain, but I did well. I would not have wanted to try to do that and actually play as well on my first day out, but I figured I needed to start somewhere. I wish the rain would slow down a bit so I could get back out to walk again before I actually start golfing.I am off restriction for golfing on May 6!!! That's Rae Ann & Bob's 3rd anniversary--Whoo Hoo!!!

And on that note, have we got a story to tell there! Rae Ann & Bob have been traveling a very personal journey for the past 2+ years. In there attempts to have a baby without success, they were led to investigate the possible causes. With the blessing of decent health insurance from Rae Ann's job, they began the arduous process of testing and due to the results of that testing and the desire to save money and time, they turned to the option of IVF. I could bore you with the details, but if you are close to us and our girls, you probably have seen Rae Ann's blog, so the end result is that Rae Ann and Bob--as of Tuesday, April 28--have seen their wonderful little baby "Peanut" (they call him/her) and heard the heartbeat at a rate of 133 beats per minute--a very good rhythm. Rae Ann will have another ultrasound in two weeks and if all appears to be going well at that time, the Women's Clinic will have her begin visiting her ob/gyn. A December 14 due date is already on the calendar!!!

As you may know if you live in Michigan, and may not know otherwise, we have had lots of rain. Ray says the last he heard, the lakes were up 13 inches over last year and that was before we got the latest downpours. We received 4.5 inches within a two-day period and it is raining once again. We lost power one afternoon around 2 p.m. and it did not return until 4:30 the next morning. The gray is putting a damper on my spirits, so I get out in the sun for a walk whenever I can--but those moments are few and far between lately.

Ray & I had a chance to pick up a 2006 travel trailer that was in excellent shape and an excellent price, but let it slip through our fingers due to procrastination. So, Ray has decided that we will do as he has said for a long time and replace the motorhome with a new travel trailer. This week we have traveled to Midland and Bay City and Saginaw and Mt. Pleasant and Lapeer and Marlette and Clio and Mt. Morris and Birch Run and maybe more rv dealerships that I cannot remember. We have seen an array of travel trailers with an even greater array of quality. My job when I get done with this is to do my pros and cons list on the four units that I have personally narrowed the field down to. (Dangling preposition!!!) I wish we had acted sooner as this unit will cost us more than twice as much as the used one would have. Ray says--what did we work all those years for--to save our money?--for what??? We did work hard and put away money for exactly this--to replace our motorhome when the kids were all gone and we had retired. So, I guess that's what we are planning on doing--especially since we have a guy from one of the dealerships where we did not find anything we liked who is coming to look at the motorhome on Sat/Sun and possibly take it home the same day. If that happens, we will either have to come up with something, or we will not be camping this summer.

One other thing--my flowers out by the road are doing the best they have done in years. So, I just had to share a piccie!!! Enjoy your spring!!!

1 comment:

Rae Ann said...

Well, hopefully you will find a motorhome that you like so that you can go camping since you already have the summer itinerary out. Love ya