Saturday, April 4, 2009

Do I need to have a title...

I stayed at Jaime & Jeff's through Thursday, March 26. They tried to schedule as many appointments as they could while I was there. I had a chance to take them all out to "Outback Steakhouse" for dinner Thursday night. OMG--the kids were the most well behaved!!! Even Sawyer was perfect. We had a delicious dinner, and then I decided it was light enough out that I would drive home and surprise Ray. I called him on the cell phone, but before I could tell him to open the garage door, my call was lost. He was totally surprised when I drove in!!! He called me a "S _ _ T!"

By going home Thursday night, I was able to go to the Diversified Fitness Center on Friday and get a three-month membership following my aftertrack. I spoke with Danielle about what I had been through (physically) and what my goals were and she wanted to get me heading in the right directions sooner rather than later--so, she met with me at 8 a.m. (pro bono) and spent an hour with me and set up the next step in my workouts. She is going to meet with me again on April 13 to begin a pre-golf workout for me. I go over to Frankenmuth six days a week and do a combination of the program Larry had walked me through as well as what Danielle has me working on and the biking Dr. Weir wants of me. I spend approximately 2 hours working out with that alone and then I have been attending the classes that are available to members: Stretch and Tone, Gentle Yoga, and Simply Stretching. These classes last an hour and are free!!! I am really feeling improvement since I have been able to rededicate myself to myself. My calf muscle is no longer a problem except for the edema. Danielle has me not only wearing the compression hose that Dr. Weir recommended, but also wrapping it with an Ace wrap. She has me using RICE therapy--Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. It is helping!!!

I took last Sunday off so Ray & I got our taxes done--ouch!!! Closing one of my IRAs to pay for my Enclave really hurts when you have to pay the taxes on the money. At least the 20% withheld for federal taxes made the bite not quite so bad, but when no state taxes were paid--whew--that's a big chunk of money.

Ray finally conceded and has an appointment to see Dr. Weir on Monday, April 6. He has been having some aches and pains around his hip replacement site. They want to see if everything is all right--I certainly hope so!!!

I drove my Mom & Dad to Cass City today so Mom could have a MRI of her back. She has been having a great deal of pain for many months and they need to find out why and see if there is anything they can do that might help her. They have tried a number of things, without success. Well, to add to our day, the brake pedal was to the floor of her car by the time we arrived. After numerous calls to Ray, my brother Kerry, Fabbro's towing service, and Pro Tech Mechanics, the car was brought back to Millington for repair of the brake line (we had lost all the brake fluid--you could follow the drips) and Ray picked us up and brought us home. Thank God that it didn't result in an accident, but I was aware of a declining ability to brake as the trip progressed, so I drove accordingly.

So, after my daily trip to the fitness center, Ray and I are watching MSU and UConn. Five thirty remaining and MSU is 10 points in the lead. Sure hope they can hang on to that lead. Hope all of you out there are well, and life is treating well. Take care and God bless!!!

It's 8:42 p.m. and I was holding my breath as MSU brought it home for an 82 to 73 win over UConn. Go Green!!! We'll be watching Monday!!!

No comments: