Thursday, January 10, 2008

A picture of me...

But I'm not complaining--that's one of my good mornings! I don't always have a chance to get a cup of coffee. But that may change soon? Becky has the kids doing more of the household chores. Lexie is responsible for lunch dishes and vacuuming twice a week. Abbey is responsible for doing breakfast dishes and sweeping the floor once a day and lining up the shoes. Brayden is responsible for folding the washclothes in the laundry. And Trent helps me dust. Becky is going to try to work with the kids on their schoolwork. All this is going to take some time to get in motion, but it leaves me to do the other stuff that I see that needs to be done. I appreciate the fact that Becky realizes I'm not exactly a spring chicken any more and can't do it all. The stairs are killing my knees!

On a very bright note: Becky spoke to Trent yesterday about the fact that he gets up too early. He was told that he cannot get up before 6:00 and if Grammy tells him that it is too early, he is to go back to bed and go to sleep. So, this morning at 6:44 a.m. I heard a soft little voice say: Grammy, can I get up now? That is a record for the little guy.

2 comments:

kerry said...

you're looking better,did you have your hair done?

Rae Ann said...

Boy Mom your brother is a little s... But let me tell you it sure made me laugh! Hoping that you were able to get a bit more sleep again last night. Love you and I am glad that the kids have some chores to help you out.