Friday, October 30, 2009

Life is too short to procrastinate...

And it is very hard on me mentally to have so many "irons in the fire." I can't remember what I should be doing. Jaime asked me a few weeks ago if anyone had ever told me I was OCD and ADHD??? I don't need anyone to tell me--just spell my name backwards and you have half the answer. LANA=ANAL!!! And I so am!!!

So let's begin with October 26th--the day after I returned from basket convention. I took Dad to his cardiologist appointment, and the results were mixed. Concern over a weight gain did not seem to manifest itself in fluid build-up of the ankles, so??? Doctor does not have an answer for that. He was extremely pleased with Mom's recordkeeping on Dad's behalf in regard to fluid intake and output. Blood tests sent from Dr. Rao's office to Dr. Lafia showed that Dad's BNP number was less than half of what it had been in September!!! Whoo Hoo!!! Results also showed that Dad's kidneys are functioning perfectly. Another sigh of relief!!! Nice to have a great check-up for once. It gives Dad & Mom faith that their efforts are not going unrewarded.

On October 27, I began taking muscle relaxers I got from my chiropractor. She adjusted me today and did a manual traction to see if she could get my neck feeling better and get me some sleep.

Ray left around 1 p.m. on October 28, and I have been busy making a liner for my basket tools tote. I am ready for the rimming. Sure feel productive now that my neck doesn't hurt so bad and it actually moves a little!!! I am so productive when Ray is out of the house for a while--like some days!!! :)

Now for the B-I-G news!!! Ray got a deer up north on Thursday, October 29, at approximately 6:44 p.m. Hanging weight was 172 pounds and it brought in 68 pounds of meat. The buck came in and presented itself about 10 yards from the stand Ray was in. He took the shot and located the deer only 150 yards away. The buck was a 4 1/2 point according to Ray, and has a 17 1/2 inch spread, making it the third widest rack for Ray. He's pretty pleased with it.




Last year's racks are on the plaque behind Ray on the wall. Depth perception is deceiving--the 8-point from last year is wider.

Well, it's October 30, and I have my house clean and ready for company--just have to put away the beading on the diningroom table. Just don't know when they are arriving. :-)

No comments: