Well, no April Fool's joke here. I went to the Dental Implant Center today. I have to have a tooth removed and an implant. I have complained about this tooth since 1996. Well, the x-ray finally showed that there is an infection into the jawbone. There is so little tooth left after the dentist removed all the punky dentin that he sent me to get special help with the removal. Dr. Baumstark said that he will not know if he will have to do a bone graft until he gets in there and sees how much of the jaw bone has suffered resumption. Let's pray that the infection is not too invasive so they can do the implant on the same day with no bone graft necessary. I will be anesthesized for the procedure. Don't want to have to go through that twice. These procedures can take anywhere from 3 to 18 months from start to completion. And they come at a very pretty price with insurance not covering much of anything. What a way to have to spend my severance money! Life is cruel. All because of a root canal done wrong and going bad.
1 comment:
I pray that everything goes well. i know how much you have always dreaded the dentist. So i know that this news was very troubling! My thoughts ans prayers are with you. Hopefully this will end up the 3 months and not longer.
Post a Comment