Friday, April 25, 2008

Time to update again...

I stayed at J & Js house beginning Wednesday, April 2, while Jaime was in the hospital. Jaime arrived home around midnight on Saturday, April 5. Monday, I waited until Raven got home from school and spent a couple of hours with her at the movie, Nim's Island, to belatedly celebrate our birthdays, I brought all of the kids home later. The kids were here through Saturday, April 12, and we had a great time. Raven and Chase had school starting again on the 14th. Break was over!

I went back on Thursday, April 17, and stayed through Friday, April 18, as Jaime had Dr. appointments each of those two days. The MRI came out clear.

Here is the link to Jaime's blog, she can tell it better: http://ladybug-aboogarden.blogspot.com/2008/04/home-again-home-again-sorry-its-long.html

When Jaime got home, I took off for the airport to pick up Rae Ann in Flint. She was flying in for the weekend. Rae Ann & I had lunch and did a little shopping before heading home. Rae Ann spent Saturday with Jaime & family. Sunday we celebrated Maddie and Jeff's birthdays down in Orion. Monday Rae Ann and I did a little more shopping and lunch before taking her back to Bishop for her flight.

Bright and early Tuesday morning, April 22, I was seated in a chair at the Dental Implant Center of Saginaw and put under while Dr. Baumstark worked on the infected tooth. A previous root canal (prior to 1996) had not been done thoroughly and thus the infection. An hour later I was on my way home with Ray in the driver's seat. I later learned (when I called the nurse to find out about my meds) that the two roots had shattered into over a hundred pieces and caused the doctor to swear as he was trying to get them all out. He was unsuccessful. There is still at least one in there. They had to do a "huge" (according to the nurse) bone graft. They were able to seat the implant as the bottom was solid. Thank God for small favors. The hole in my jaw looks like the Grand Canyon. So, I am on drugs and praying that the bone graft heals and the rest of the procedure will go better than the start.

Mom & Dad drove me to Caro to Wal-Mart to get some Tylenol (which I can take with the hydrocodone) yesterday and to talk to the pharmacist to get something for the stomach upset that the drugs were causing and something for my lip which was injured from the procedure. I guess the drugs are messing with my mind, because I forgot to get the Tylenol which is originally why I wanted to go.

The weather has been so beautiful that I have spent the last two afternoons working my butt off on the lawn. I hate how it looks after the winter is over. Ray has been up at the property helping Glenn do some work on the clover fields. He will be home today. On that note--I'm really tired, so I think I will try to get some more work done on the office area and stop for now as I can't think very well. Hope all is well with all of you! Love ya!

No comments: