Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Highlights...

Hope you all had a very, merry CHRISTmas 2011 with loving family and friends.

December—Ray replaced his Avalanche with another. All our family was here for Christmas except Jay (in Iraq) & Bob (NC working). What a wonderful time!!!

January—we were called home from CO to attend to Ray’s Mother who had taken ill; so we spent my 62nd driving home. Leona now lives at Fisher Senior Care & Rehab in Mayville, MI, and likes it there.

February—brought Leona home to celebrate her joint birthday with Jaime (and family). She has had 89 good years. We headed back to CO on the 21st. Ray’s ceramic ball in his mechanical hip shattered while he was sitting in our condo! You’d have thought it would have happened on the ski slopes. My crazy husband skied 10 more days on it (though he had no clue it had broken).

March—more skiing in CO, then a detour south to GA to Becky & family, attended the nations 2nd largest St. Patrick’s Day parade in Savannah, and ate at Lady & Sons—so yummy!!! Then we headed to NC to Rae Ann & family. We enjoyed our time with Rae Ann & Bob & Ian and golfed when they worked.

April—Ray had his mechanical hip replaced. Jaime & I made an emergency trip to NC to help Rae Ann when Alana arrived 3 months early.

May—Ray began golf season just 18 days after his hip surgery. Alana had surgery for NEC, and then a follow-up surgery. Jay returned home safely from Iraq—praise God! Ray flew to NC on the 26th and met Alana. We drove back to MI on May 31.

June—we did some golfing. I was blessed to be able to attend Vaughn’s baptism. We enjoyed the two-day Koch family reunion. I was able to golf Doe Day benefitting the Susan G. Komen foundation.

July—Ray saw his orthopedic surgeon and is off restrictions except he is not to run, jump or lift more than 50 lbs. We made our annual trip to PC with Detroit area friends and had a great walleye catch.

August—I was able to attend the Blue Lake Music camp for Raven’s performance—spectacular—so proud. Ray & I made our annual trip to Manistee and got our share of salmon. Alana had a 3rd surgery on our 41st anniversary. We returned to the Glenwood for another wonderful meal. I headed back to NC on August 17. On the 19th, Jeff arrived home from China with their newest daughter, Elisyn. She’s 4 ½ years old and she’s a sweet, beautiful girl!!!

September—I drove home on September 3 for a wedding on the 4th and Labor Day couples scramble on the 5th, but fell off the deck on the 4th onto our rocks and concrete sidewalk breaking my radius and doing other damage to this old body. We never got to do either. Alana had exploratory surgery on the 19th.

October—Ray got his 7-pt deer on Oct. 5—#55. I was blessed to be able to attend Elisyn’s baptism. I saw my orthopedic surgeon; he said my arm would be back to normal in 6-12 months. That very same day, Alana came home after 178 days in the NICN. I returned to NC the following day. Ray got his 9-pt deer on Oct. 22--#56. Elisyn had open heart surgery on Oct. 24 for complex heart disorder--it went well.

November—I returned home on November 11 and saw my family doctor who ordered meds and therapies for my many unattended ailments from my fall. Elisyn’s still not home—some complications.

December—I finished my physical therapy before CHRISTmas, but pain from the left arm/shoulder is now returning and my Dr is on vacation! *SIGH* Becky & Jay & the kids spend 5 days and nights with us. Elisyn remains at Mott Children’s Hospital at U of M in Ann Arbor a full two months after her first surgery. Please pray for her recovery and that she gets to go home soon.

Time passes as 2011 comes to a close. We have had many challenges this year, but countless blessings as well. We pray you had a wonderful CHRISTmas and 2012 is kind to you! Blessings to all of you and your loved ones in 2012!

Love—Ray & Lana

No comments: