The only really out-of-the-ordinary thing I have done is go to see J & J and the kids on May 30. We had lunch at the Rainforest Cafe in the Great Lakes Mall in Auburn Hills. It was fun watching the little ones explore the tropical rainforest environment. I forgot to take my camera, so I got no shots of the expressions. Maddie was a little fearful at first, and the look on Sawyer's face when the elephants roared and the thunder rumbled through the place after the bolts of lightning struck would have been a great shot. Then--to top off the event, we ordered the volcano for dessert. If you ever go there--get the volcano. Excellent brownie leaned around the sides of a pile of ice cream with a sparkler on top. Very cool!!! Kids loved it.
Ray & I went up to the Rose City area yesterday to see our friends, Linda & John. I haven't been there in perhaps 5 years. They have done wonders on their new home up there. Beautiful knotty pine everywhere!!! We had a nice visit and tour of the progress and a delicious dinner to wet our appetites for the upcoming fishing season--salmon & onions in foil and potatoes and onions in the same--a tradition at Port Crescent where we will be camping with them once again, thanks to Linda getting the necessary sites.
Ray golfed in Mike's Handicap Mixer today and got a 45 on both the front and the back nine. He scored better than the other 3 guys he golfed with. He was very happy with his game for the most part. He came in with a 68 with his handicap and took 4th place with handicap, winning $5. Whoo Hoo!!!
I can't do 18 yet, so I stayed home and looked for things. I found the boat bag with clothes in it, and I found the little 6-pack purple cooler and the ices that go in it. I did not find the books of checks that I hid??? It is driving me crazy. I really hid them well.
Tomorrow Ray & I are playing Scotch Ball at Willow Springs. We have a 2:10 p.m. T-time. I'm looking forward to it. So--if I want to do decently, I need to get some ice on my back and smear some stinky stuff on it and get horizontal as Ray likes to say.
The reason I really got on here at all was to show you how beautiful the iris are this year. They apparently liked all the moisture early on and all the cooler weather during the month of May. So here they are.
One of my very favorites!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment