Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wrote--saved--but...

Rae Ann & Bob arrived from NC around 4:30 p.m. on the 21st as my parents and siblings were preparing to head home from our party. Thank God they had mostly decent roads. We decided to exchange gifts that evening. It was more relaxing and enjoyable to be able to actually watch them open their gifts without all the hustle and bustle.

Rae Ann & Bob & Ray & I went to Tiffany's on the 22nd for some yummy pasta pizza. Then we drove around Frankenmuth to look at Christmas lights. We had snow, so it was gorgeous. There were not as many lights as in the past--perhaps the economy had an effect of this as well. We played some Texas Hold'em when we got home and Rae Ann was the big winner.

Becky and Jay and the kids arrived on the evening of the 25th. We had one gigantic pj party with all beds filled and a mattress on the livingroom floor for Rae Ann & Bob.We were going to celebrate our Christmas with all the kids on the 26th, but Jaime's family had suffered the intestinal flu from the 23rd-25th. So, Rae Ann & Bob and Becky & Jay & kids and Ray & I went to Olive Garden on the 26th instead as an early birthday celebration for my 60th. We had a delicious meal and cake.

Jaime's family had recuperated on the 26th and was feeling much better so we celebrated Christmas on the 27th--starting with family pictures, followed by a yummy meal made primarily by Rae Ann & Becky of ham and twice baked potatoes and homemade bread and green beans and pumpkin squares. Then we watched the grandkids open their gifts.

Rae Ann baked a yummy caramel-fudge chocolate cake. The kids and grandkids sang Happy Birthday and luckily did not put 60 candles on the cake or the smoke detector would have gone off. I received such nice gifts from the kids, even though I told them that what I wanted for my 60th was for all of them to be here with me. We had a great Christmas and I had a Great 60th!

Jay left early for home and Rae Ann & Bob left on the 28th because they all had to work on Monday. Becky & the kids stayed until Monday morning the 29th. I took her and the kids to breakfast in Davison so we were at the Secretary of State's office when it opened. We transferred the title of the Century over to her and she and the kids headed home to NY.

I had therapy on the 30th. Ray & I had no desire to stay up to welcome in the new year on the 31st. We just went to bed and amazingly--it was 2009 when we awoke. We did our usual and watched the parade and football. Happy New Year!

No comments: