Chase slept downstairs on the loveseat and I slept on the couch Tuesday night. He wanted to sleep down there with me and I am always happy to oblige those little ones.
Jaime and Jeff got up around 5:15 a.m. to get ready and left by 6:15. Chase's surgery was scheduled for 7:30 a.m.
Raven took care of Sir Hoppy before I drove her to catch her bus for school.
Maddie had a bag of cereal to munch on while we drove Sis to the bus, then it went into her bowl with milk and she was happy. She loves food!
Chase's surgery went well. It took them 50 minutes rather than the normal 30 to remove the tonsils. They were a category 4 (highest level) in severity. They checked his adenoids to make sure that there was no additional tissue that needed to be removed. Jaime & Jeff got home with Chase around 9:45 a.m. He watched a little tv and then around 11:30 he wanted Grammy to watch the "Hot Wheels World Race" video Grampy & I had gotten him. He ate a couple of popsicles and a little bit of pancake and drank a bit of apple juice. The movie was 110 minutes long and he made it through 90 of it before he really started getting too tired. I think it was about 3:00 p.m. when he woke up from a nice little nap and ate a little pudding.
Jaime & Jeff ordered pizza for the rest of us for dinner, and then by 7:30 p.m. it was time I headed on home. Chase was not very happy with me for leaving and I was torn--I would have stayed if asked. As a Grammy, you really don't want to usurp anyone's place when you are helping out, but you hate to see those little ones in pain and sad.







1 comment:
You had to just love that time with him sleeping on you! I know Jaime and Chase was glad that you were there. Love ya
Post a Comment